Sunday, September 22, 2013

Lemon Drop 5k

Lululemon puts on this free 5k every September. The route kinda sucks, but everything else about it is a lot of fun. The only reason the route really sucks is because it's hilly and the road isn't closed off so you do need to be cautious. Lots of energy from the lulu staff so that's fun.

The obligatory pre-race photo at home.
I didn't know how this run would go mainly because I've been super sore since Tough Mudder (imagine that). I must have pulled a chest muscle because it hurts so bad, whaaa. Maybe I did that in yoga, because it started hurting on Thursday (after yoga), but I just can't imagine yoga causing this type of pain. But then maybe I'm completely wrong.

I finished the race in 27:33. Super happy with my time. Since I dropped out of the Marathon, I haven't really been running so much. I've been doing more yoga and it makes me happy.

Complimentary yoga after the race.
I tried the yoga, but the instructor was moving a bit too fast and I felt lost because I couldn't hear her. Also, my breast muscle wasn't feeling it, so I left. I like my yoga instructor at Indigo, so I'll just stick to that.

No comments:

Post a Comment