Tuesday, August 12, 2014

Training for Chicago

"There will be days when I don't know if I can run a marathon. There will be a lifetime knowing that I have." - Unknown.
Training has fully begun for the Chicago Marathon. It's been over two years since my last (and only) marathon, but it doesn't seem that long ago. Training for a marathon is super hard work... very time consuming and it hurts, and it gets boring. Every time after a long run, I question why I do this, and then as soon as the tiredness wears off, I'm ready to run again.

I ran 14 miles this past weekend, and it wasn't bad! The last mile was hard work, but I expected that. I *only* have 6 more miles to add in my long run. Totally do-able!

I'm feeling rather optimistic about the training, and I promised myself I'm not going to drop out (like I've done twice - - Chicago and Mo' Cowbell full). Obviously, I want to do better than 5:01:xx...

14 miler.

No comments:

Post a Comment