Sunday, October 21, 2018

The Great Go! Halloween Half Marathon - 2018

Today's half marathon was number 36!! This is my fourth time running the Halloween Half, and this is usually a faster race for me. I know the course well and I've been able to PR on this course. Home court advantage! Anyways, weather was good, although a bit on the chilly side. I layered up and ran in a short sleeve for the majority of the race.

I decided I wasn't going to push it... especially since for the last month I hadn't really got a lot of miles in. I checked my pace after each mile and I was pleasantly surprised with myself. I was hanging around the 8:50s to 9:00 minute miles. Around mile 10, my knee started to hurt and then I finally checked my time at mile 12 and was happy to see that I was going to make it to the finish line under 2 hours. I ended up PR'ing the course with a sub-2 hour time (01:56:28 - 8:56 pace).


No comments:

Post a Comment