Wednesday, August 21, 2019

KT82

KT82 - June 1, 2019

I'm finally blogging about the "KT82"... which turned into the SIU-E Cross Country Relay. A couple of days before the race, the director announced that they had to move the race off of the Katy because of flooding and instead of cancelling, they decided to move it across the 'other' river into Illinois on the SIU-E cross country course. Instead of traveling with the runner, we'd be stationed at a base camp.

We all had to park in a parking lot and then we'd be shuttled to the base camp. We kept joking that this was like the Fyre Festival because there was a long ass line to drop supplies on a truck and another long ass line to get on the shuttle... it just seemed like a cluster. We sent our first two runners on the shuttle while we waited to put our supplies onto the truck. We made it to the base camp about the same time that our first runner finished. We finally got set up and then it was a pretty good time!

My first two legs were on the Madison County Trails. Pretty flat... I felt good during my first 4 mile leg. Got through my second leg, a 6 miler, pretty okay too. The last leg was actually on the cross country course and that was challenging. My legs were tired and the grass was longer so I was unsure about my footing. Team was awesome as always!

No comments:

Post a Comment