Tuesday, February 25, 2020

More Catching Up...

On November 8, 2019, we lost our sweet puppy dog Simon. I didn't feel like doing much, but I just kept on running to try to overcome my sadness. I was registered for the Skippo on November 2, 2019 and obviously I didn't make that. Here are some recaps from the races I did make:

Wizard Run - November 23, 2019
I definitely had to do this Harry Potter themed run. The course was in Forest Park. We got to select our shirt color (I went with Gryffindor, duh) and also got a wand. I ran this 5k with a time of 24:58. I grabbed some Butter Beer (yum) and we got in the car to leave, but I thought there was a good chance I could place. I went back to check my place and actually placed 1st in my division (1/176)!


Webster-Kirkwood Turkey Day Run - November 28, 2019
I did the Double Helping again this year, which includes the 3 mile and the 6 mile races. Weather was good, but no course PR(s) for me. I finished the 3 mile race with a time of 25:23 and the 6 mile race in 54:52. I wish they would show how the Double Helpers place each year...

NHL All-Star 5k - January 25, 2020
I decided to go all out for this race. The course was downtown, a course I know very well. I was trying to go for a PR. I even ran with my friend James to help hold pace. We ran the first mile together in 7:42. I knew a big hill was coming and I wasn't going to be able to hold that pace. I told James to go ahead without me. I got an 8:21 on the second mile and an 8:17 on the third. I finished with a time of 25:00... no PR.


Missouri Lottery Run for your Beads 5k - February 15, 2020
Ah, my most favorite race of the year! My home turf. Weather was perfect. I was nervous at the start because I knew I was going to push it and therefore kill myself. I was hoping for a PR, but same story, no PR. BAH! I finished in 25:02. I placed 2nd in my division (out of 109). Runners who place get a lottery ticket. I won $50 on my ticket! Winning! I love the hurricanes at the finish. Mmm!

No comments:

Post a Comment