Monday, February 20, 2012

Mardi Gras Run

I woke up very early for this run. It was Mardi Gras Saturday and I knew I wanted to get this run done before the festivities started. My neighborhood turns into a crazy place. I started running in the dark and took it nice and slow. I have been running at a 9:40 pace and figure I just need to slow it down. I tried to keep this run at a 10:30 pace...which is now my goal pace for the marathon. I want to finish in minimal pain. I enjoyed watching the sunrise and people setting up for the big drunken bash. Most of the streets in my neighborhood were already closed off so I was able to run in the middle of the street, not worried about cars. I did the first 7 miles in my 'hood and then carried on downtown, around the Arch, over the Eads into Illinois and back, over to Lafayette Square and back home. I didn't take one single walking break! I ran all my hills (there were plenty) and kept it at a nice slow pace. My average heart rate was 155 and I felt awesome. My knee started to bug me around mile 13, but I kept at it. This was a successful run and I didn't feel sick after. Looking forward, kinda, to the 16 miler this weekend.

Distance: 15.23 miles
Time: 02:40:52
Pace: 10:34
Average Heart Rate: 155
Maximum Heart Rate: 171

Here we are at the Mardi Gras Pet Parade:
634647315054622901

No comments:

Post a Comment