Monday, February 4, 2013

Run for your Beads 5k

The Run for you Beads 5k is a fun race in Soulard. I signed up weeks ago... and then the big flu of 2013 hit.... and then the hives reaction to my meds happened, and then mystery sickness on Friday occurred at work. I did NOT want to run this race!! But the route start/finish was basically right outside my front door, so I figured I had to go... even though I was puking the day before, bargh.

Race Start in Soulard
The weather was gorgeous. There was a slight chill in the air, but nothing too horrible. I knew I overdressed for the race, but I just wanted to be comfortable, aka not cold. I even had a running buddy with me! My husband joined me and pushed me the entire way!

Josh at the Race Start.
We started out at a nice slow pace... and kept that slow pace basically the entire race. The first 1.25 miles is a nice downhill and flat, but then you have to go back uphill! I was really tired. They were passing out hurricanes at the half way point, but I didn't have any. Thinking back, I really think I should have had some. I needed the energy.

Anyways, this was my slowest 5k to date. I had to walk a good portion up the Pestalozzi hill. But I got out there and did it, and that's all that counts!

Slooooow.
Here is a horrible picture of me, but the sign is just so funny! Our friend Matt lives on the race route as well, so he made this sign for us! ...totally mocking us and my hives/rash. Pretty classic.

After the race, nice and sweaty.
Here is a link to see Josh and I crossing the finish line, best part of the race!!  http://results.bazumedia.com/athlete/index/e/3172993

Anyways, after the race we enjoyed the Taste of Soulard, lots of good eats from around the neighborhood. On Sunday, we brought the pups to the Dog Parade. It's here in Soulard as well. We had a lot of snow the night before, so poor Gus was pretty cold and miserable. But I think Simon had a great time!!

My Family!
We also got to see Kevin Bacon and hear him perform live w/ his band, The Bacon Brothers.

Kevin Bacon!
Such a fun weekend, I love my neighborhood!!!

Me and my boys!

No comments:

Post a Comment