Sunday, March 3, 2013

Carondelet Indoor Sprint Triathlon

This was so much fun!! I really enjoyed every minute of it!

I was on a swim team when I was a kid and was a fish growing up (we had a pool), but in my adult years, I'm hardly ever in the pool. I thought signing up for an indoor tri would be good for me because running is getting kind of boring.

I bought a swim suit and started swimming laps about a month ago, maybe less. I've only trained 4 times in the pool.

The swim went really well today!! I placed 4th overall. I did 500 yds in 8:30, a 29:55 pace. I can't wait to see if I can improve! I have a bum elbow that I broke when I was 20, and that causes me some pain. I was accidentally registered as a male, so I had to swim w/ 3 other dudes. I kicked their butts :o). Even one of the guys commented to me after how fast my swim was. That made me happy because I'm always mediocre at everything I do (or just plain suck).

The bike part was boring. I didn't know what to expect because I haven't trained at all for this. I own a spinning bike and I do that from time to time, but never know my pace or my mileage. I just kept moving my legs. In the end, I did 9 miles in 16:34, at 32.6mph pace. My tailbone hurts!!!!

I knew the run was going to be hard. My legs were so tired. I started at my normal 10:00 min/mi pace and stayed there for the first mile. I kept increasing my pace and finished 3.1 miles in 29:34, a 09:32 pace. I know I could have done better here... I really wish I pushed myself harder.

In the end, I'm really happy w/ my placement:

Overall 19/48
Gender 7/25   *I had them change my sex to female as they originally had my registered as male.
Age Group (F 30-39) 3/11

Swim: Rank 4/48
Bike: Rank 17/48
Run: Rank 27/48

And running is what I do!!! And I placed horribly. LOL.

Results

1 comment:

  1. You did awesome! Congratulations on such a fantastic first tri!!!!

    ReplyDelete