Saturday, March 9, 2013

Going to Wash DC!!

I got the best news ever yesterday... I received an email from Nike saying:
Congratulations!
We've got two starting lines with your name on them!
You're a runner who's set their sights on logging a ton of miles in 2013. We're here to help you achieve that goal, by giving you a second chance to toe the line in DC. So, what do you have to do in order to get this amazing opportunity to join us on a beautiful course through the historical streets of Washington DC?

RUN.

We have limited spots saved for the Nike Women faithful - For a limited time, you now have the option to register for both the Nike Women 10K and Nike Women Half Marathon DC.
I was super excited, but also bummed. I had already signed up for the Louisville Derby Mini-Marathon (which is the same weekend in April) since I got rejected from the Nike Women Half Marathon. A second chance?? I thought long and hard about going. In the end, I figured this would be a once in a life time opportunity and I can run the Derby half next year. Nike races aren't exactly easy to get in to.

To get entry into the race, I also had to sign up for the Nike Virtual 10k. I thought that race was pretty stupid. You pay $40, only $10 of that goes to charity, you get a shirt, and you have to run by yourself (or with whomever you want). So...I ran the 6.2 miles today around Tower Grove Park. Nike might be taking our money, but at least they are getting the ladies out running!! I took it pretty easy since I'm doing the Quivering Quads tomorrow, eeekkkkk! A trail half marathon. I know it's going to be tough, but I'll give it my all.

Two laps around Tower Grove. 

No comments:

Post a Comment