Sunday, October 30, 2016

Quivering Quads II 2016

I signed up for QQII 3 days before the race. I waned to see what the weather was going to do before I committed. Weather was lovely, maybe a little bit too warm, but DRY. I've never seen dry trails at the Cuivre River State Park.

I didn't realize that this was a different course from last year until the day before the race. I ran this race with my friend Ann, and this was her first trail race. I loved the new course! The majority of the race was running around the lake. It was kind of tough at times... the trail was so narrow and I felt like I could easily trip and end up in the lake.


I am not a speedy trail runner... I take it easy. I don't want to slip or trip. We got passed up by several runners, but that's fine! We finished with a time of 1:51:18. Better than last year, but this course wasn't very hilly (and I liked that!).

No comments:

Post a Comment