Sunday, March 12, 2017

St. Patrick's Day Parade 5 Mile Run

It was a bit on the chilly side, but once the race started the weather was perfect. I didn't really care to PR during this race, but guess what, I PR'd the course by 4 minutes or so! The Market hill was tough, but I ran the entire course. I finished with a time of 41:16. I placed 19/367 in my age group. 137/2,323 female. 599/4,308 overall. 

I'm feeling strong, but I'm super nervous for the NYC Half Marathon in a week. A nor'easter is going to hit, and NYC has a blizzard warning on Tuesday. We were lucky at got to change our flight for no fee. But, they are supposed to get 18 inches of snow?? It's going to be one interesting half marathon!!! Right now they are calling for rain/snow/sleet the morning of the race. Not exactly what I pictured, but at least I don't have to care about a PR! We can't control mother nature. 

No comments:

Post a Comment