Saturday, June 24, 2017

Macklind Mile 2017

Another year, another Macklind Mile. This was my 3rd time doing this race. I was just reading my blog post from the last time I ran it... and I started by saying that this isn't a race you really train for. Well, I was so wrong. I've been doing speed work weekly with Big River Running. My PR on this course was 6:55. I ran a mile earlier this week and PR'd at 6:42. Today my goal was to come in under 6:45, with the hope of having a PR.

I was nervous at the start because I knew this was going to be hard work. And yup, it hurt. I pushed as hard as I could and didn't allow myself to slow down. I finished in 6:30, 5th in my age group (out of 36) and 55th female overall (249 total).


I still can't believe I did a 6:55 at my first Macklind Mile in 2013. I was only 25 seconds faster today, and I've been working harder to get faster. That doesn't make me too happy, but it was still a PR.

No comments:

Post a Comment