Wednesday, August 31, 2011

Where'd my mojo go?

My last two runs have been pretty much crap which has got me thinking...can I really do this? It is after all only a half-marathon. I was reading another girl's running blog and she does a full marathon every month or so and she hardly trains (that bitch). Maybe my body just isn't built to be a runner?

I am running more than I ever have before in my life, yet I keep gaining weight and that's a bit discomforting. I read this interesting article about training for these long runs and 'compensating' our food intake. Yes, I've definitely been compensating - - eating way too much food, which is probably not the healthiest kind.

I want to be a runner, but I just feel so burnt out. I feel mentally exhausted and my knee has been bugging me. I really hope I find my mojo...and soon. I WANT to do this race to prove to myself that I can run 13.1 miles and not feel like complete death afterwards.

Training

1 comment:

  1. Don't be so hard on yourself! You are right where you should be and doing a great job. You CAN and you WILL be able to do it! I understand your feeling as I too am not where I want to be at the moment but trust me...on Oct. 23rd you will surprise yourself!

    ReplyDelete