Wednesday, October 12, 2011

On to Better Things

Lots of fun things are about to happen!

This Saturday we are running in the Warrior Dash. I did it last year and it was so much fun... and a bit tiring. Although the course will be different, I really hope to (well, I better) beat my previous time. I think I finished a little over 37 minutes.

On Sunday I'll be running in the Halloween 10k. The course starts downtown, carries on around Soulard and back downtown. We'll be running pretty close to my house! My Soulard hill training better pay off!! They are handing out running gloves, but I don't think we'll be using them as it's supposed to be in the low 80s.

The Rock-n-Roll 1/2 Marathon is 11 days away. I'm not going to let myself get nervous about this race and just have fun with it. On Saturday, I decided I was going to go for a 10 mile run. I was scheduled to run 12 miles, but since I ran a 1/2 the weekend before, I pretty much thought I was exempt from running that far. I decided to do a new trail: Grant's Trail. What a pleasant experience!! It stretches about 8 miles in South County. I parked at one end and planned to turn around after running 5 miles. When I got to 5 miles, I just kept on going. Everything was feeling really good, my pace was steady and I just really enjoyed the scenery. I eventually turned around at 6.5 miles and ran the whole way back. When I finished the 13.1 miles, I felt WAY better than I did the weekend before. Sure, I was a little sore, but I wasn't nauseous and puking :o). My time was slightly faster, but I really don't intend on getting a better time at the R-n-R race. I know if I push it, I'll just kill myself and wear myself out.

Grant's Trail Run

No comments:

Post a Comment