Monday, October 17, 2011

Warrior Dash

The Warrior Dash was much more challenging than the previous one I did in Chicago 2010. Although the obstacles were a lot easier at Chicago WD, I just had trouble running. This time, the obstacles were TOUGH, but I ran the entire way. I finished WD Chicago in about 37 minutes. My only goal through this WD was to beat that time.

When we checked-in, I got some random bib. Somehow, the St. Louis WD bibs were sent to another location, and we received some other location's bibs.

Here we all are pre-race, nice and clean.
P1140551

The last obstacle was the mud crawl and let me tell you, it was freezing!!!

P1140554 - Version 2

You could check your results after the race and I'm not 100% sure about this, but it looks like I did it in 42ish minutes. Uggg, I so didn't beat my goal. But to be fair, I did have some issues with the obstacles and the mud crawl was just plain miserable. I'm still waiting for the official results - - they are all messed up because of the misplaced bib incident.

I will definitely be signing up for the Warrior Dash again.

_____________
Update: My official time was 42:36 with a 14:04/min pace. Ok, so I didn't beat my previous WD time, but the courses can't be compared. I did, however, beat my husband by a good 6 minutes so I call it a win. (He beat me at the Chicago Warrior Dash).

No comments:

Post a Comment