Tuesday, January 1, 2013

New Years 5k 2013

Hello 2013! This morning I ran in a pretty small race at Forest Park. I purchased some new cold weather running gear and was pretty excited to get outside and test it. We had some snow yesterday and the temps were pretty chilly this morning. The race started at 9.00 am and it was only 23°F, with a wind chill of 13°F. Brrr! 

It took me a good mile to warm up and then once I did, I was on fire! My lungs felt really good, even though there were two hills to climb. 



There was a ton of black ice on the road, so I took it pretty slow. In the end, it was an okay race. It wasn't a race to PR, but really a great kick-start for the new year.



I am still not registered for any races. I've been looking into half-marathons, and I've been pretty interested in the Louisville Mini-Marathon, especially since you get to run through Churchill Downs. I'm not certain if I'm going to sign up for any of the upcoming St. Louis races, like the Go! Half. I find that route incredibly ugly and so boring. So I am still trying to figure this all out.

I've been thinking about New Year's Resolutions and nothing too specific, but I plan to keep running, try to lose some pounds, keep eating good food, and drink more water.

I also have been toying around with the idea of taking a picture a day so I can improve on my photography. I don't want to post it on Facebook because I'm pretty sure people will get sick of it, and it really is just for me. So I guess I'll just post it here for now. 

Boring shot... I promise I'll do better in the future. January 1, 2013.

____________________________
Ok, so this wasn't a true 5k. I thought my GPS was way off, but when I looked at the route map, it was spot on. They had to alter the course due to road conditions.

RESULTS:
Rachael Pawlak         00:29:19    9:46  
Place 76/154
Female Age 30-39: 9/23
Overall Female: 36/94

1 comment: