Monday, December 19, 2011

Reindeer Run 12k

I ran the Reindeer Run 12k on Saturday. I signed up just to get my butt out in the cold and it was a chilly morning. It was in the high 20s when the race started. We ran in Tower Grove Park and although it doesn't appear to be hilly, there are a few long inclines that were pretty tiring. I really ran my heart out. My time was 1:10:05 and I finished at 150/251. I thought I'd place better, but I can't keep comparing myself to these other runners. I ran a really good race for me. We were also running with the 5k group (494 people), so the first lap around the park was rather crowded. I passed the finish line 2 times before crossing for the third time to finish the race.

tower

I'm signed up to run the Christmas Lights night run this evening, but I don't think I'm going to make it. It starts at 6 p.m., and I don't even get home from work until 5.30 p.m. By the time I drive there and find parking, I'll be too late. Also, they are not closing off the roads, so 700-ish people will be running on the SIDEWALKS. Unless they are letting people go in waves, this just sounds like hell to me. Oh, and rain is in the forecast.

No comments:

Post a Comment