Tuesday, January 3, 2012

Rants and Raves

How about we start with the rants first...

Rant #1: We celebrated New Years in downtown St. Louis with friends. We had dinner at a nice restaurant (Copia), then went to a bar next door for countdown drinks. It was a great time!! Later we find out that some 25 year old girl was SHOT, not only once, but TWICE, right outside where we had dinner and only a block away from where we were celebrating the New Year. This happened at 12.03 am. Sometimes I really hate St. Louis, but this shit does happen everywhere else, right?

Rant #2: I ran 10 miles on New Years Eve. Not going to lie...it was a lot of work. I'm starting out way too fast and I am having a lot of trouble slowing down (until I get really tired). I was feeling really good at 4 miles. So good I was contemplating running a 1/2 marathon. But at mile 6 or 7, I changed my mind quick. It wasn't a bad run...it just wasn't a feel good run.

And now for some raves...yeah!

Rave #1: I got a Garmin Forerunner for Christmas/Hanukkah! I am in love with my new little device: http://connect.garmin.com/activity/137827086. Yup, definitely starting out way too fast. The weather was nice and warm on my 10 mile run, although it was a bit windy. That wind definitely made me feel more tired.

Rave #2: I'm scheduled to do an 11 mile run this weekend...ugg, I hope it isn't a struggle. But thank goodness we are supposed to have nice weather on Saturday (highs in the low 50s).
____________
I'm slightly nervous about the April Marathon. 26.2 miles is going to be a lot of work.

Here is a photo I snapped from New Years. I thought the bar lights were so cool... I probably took this picture as that poor lady was getting shot. C/mon St. Louis shitheads, stop killing our beautiful city.

photo

No comments:

Post a Comment