Monday, January 30, 2012

14 Miles Done

Over the weekend I ran my farthest...a whole 14 miles. It was shitty.

I started way too fast. I felt like I was going slow but every time I checked my pace it wasn't where I wanted it to be. I've been training without my fuel belt because I find it highly annoying. Yesterday I decided to run with a water bottle. It does have a handle so I didn't think it would be an issue. I tried to conserve my water but I totally ran out at 7 miles. Every time I saw someone jumping on the trail (Grant's Trail), I seriously wanted to walk up to them, ask if they lived close by and if so...can I PLEASE have some tap water. It was that bad. I was so thirsty. Eventually I started to do the whole run/walk thing because I felt like I had no legs.

Here are my splits (horrible I know):

splits

I did manage to run 13.1 miles in 02:11:39 which is better than my last half marathon. I'm aiming for a 2 hour finish at the October Rock 'n' Roll 1/2.

When I finally got to my car, I slammed whatever water I had and then when got home, I slammed some chocolate milk. Probably wasn't the best idea because I ended up puking. I think I was too dehydrated on this run and totally hungry. When I started the run my stomach was growling a bit. I overslept and just wanted to get the run done. Oops.

I suck at running.

2 comments:

  1. Those are amazing times! You are increasing your time by so much! I don't think I'll be able to run that fast. You are a rock star!! So you are running the full in April and then the half in Oct., right? How do you show your pace times in the chart above?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Garmin Connect! Here is the report from my 15 miler: http://connect.garmin.com/activity/150438825. Not as fast, but felt 100% better. Yup, doing April Marathon and October 1/2. Hoping to run Marathon on a 10:30 pace and then increase speed for October 1/2...hoping to do it at 9:30 pace. We'll see :o). The Garmin was my Christmas present and I love it!!!

    ReplyDelete