Thursday, January 26, 2012

Hal Higdon

I just started to read Hal Higdon's book Marathon: The Ultimate Training Guide. I seriously wish I started to read this book like 3 months ago. I've come to the conclusion that I don't really know what I'm doing training-wise. I've been doing 2-3 hard weeks followed by a low mileage week and come to find out, that's a good thing. Whew. But...to answer my question about doing yoga once a week, Hal says this:
Strength training can improve your overall fitness, but you do not want to start anything new during your marathon buildup, and some activities need to be eliminated until the marathon is over. Doing a long run in the morning and attending a spinning class (or even a yoga class) in the afternoon is not a good idea.
Yep, definitely done doing yoga for a while. My legs are still a bit sore. Hopefully they will feel better for the 14 mile run this weekend!!!

Guess I need to start working on my nutrition...

No comments:

Post a Comment