Wednesday, January 1, 2014

30 Day Bender

I signed up for the 30 Day Bender at Southtown Yoga Studio. While I know I won't be able to attend every day in January, I'm really going to try to improve my practice. I go to yoga at Indigo on Saturdays every now and then, and I really like my yoga instructor there. It's easier, for beginners like me, and peaceful.

Tonight at Southtown Yoga, I got my ass kicked. Like bad. It was a Yogahour class and it was fast paced and HARD. It was also packed and freaking hot in the room. So needless to say, I'm finally figuring out why you buy a towel to put over your mat. I'm at bit intimidated to go back because I was incredibly wobbly and crawled into child's pose several times while everyone else was doing stuff like this:

Ryan Leier - He was the yoga instructor at the SeaWheeze Festy... Amazing experience.

And crap like this:

What is this even called?
I have a lot to learn, and really need to gain upper body strength. I had several issues with my right elbow tonight. Ugh.

No comments:

Post a Comment