Monday, November 2, 2015

Quivering Quads II - October 31, 2015

I couldn't think of anything more exhilarating than running in the woods for 2 hours on Halloween day, in the rain with no music. Therefore, I had to listen to my heavy breathing the entire time, and that was scary.

When I woke up Saturday morning, it was raining and I told myself that I could sit this one out. Plus, it's an hour drive away from my house, so that part sucks as well. At the last minute, I decide to just do it. If anything, it could be a fun mud run.

It wasn't raining too heavy at the race start. The trails seemed to be in good condition, so that was a relief. If the trails were like QQ 2013, I probably would have went straight back to the car. The weather was perfect. I started out a bit fast, and the first hill killed me. Then I thought this was going to be a long 8 miles. But, I slowed it down and things got better. I even started to warm up.

The trail was pretty slippery, so I was very cautious. The last thing I want is an injury. Some people fly down those hills and I just don't see how they do it. So therefore, I got passed a ton. The rain also got heavier during the last 4 miles.

I really enjoyed this race!!! I've changed my mind about the trails at Cuivre River State Park. I have yet to see them dry though.

I finished the race in 02:03:58. My garmin had 8.85 miles. No photos to share yet... I didn't take any since it was raining.

I love this photo... I look so scared.

No comments:

Post a Comment