Monday, November 2, 2015

St. Louis Half Marathon

Running 9ish miles and going to a concert the day before a half marathon is something new for me. I was tired. But I showed up and ran. I caught up to the 2:10 pace group around the 3rd mile and thought I could pass them up or stay with them. I stayed with them until mile 10. The legs were heavy at the start, but felt super good until 10 when I just couldn't lift them. I fell apart on the hill on Forsyth, which wasn't a surprise. I started to walk and watched my pace crew keep going. That sucked, but I had to do what was best for me. The race is very hilly, but it's fun. It's also a pretty small race, so there aren't people running you over. I finished in 02:12:40. Pretty typical time for me. These back to back runs are pretty hard!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment