Saturday, June 1, 2013

Benton Park 5K

A new 5k PR!!!

We had several storms last night and I wasn't surprised that it was still raining this morning. It was a nice, calm rain though, unlike last night.

Heading to the Race Start.
We live near Benton Park, so we had a nice walk to the start. As soon as the race started, the rain nearly stopped. I really pushed myself at the start. When I checked my watch, I was under a 7 minute mile. I knew I had to slow it down or it was going to be rough. My first mile was 7:50 and then I took a short walking break at the water station. My heart was pounding and since I wasn't listening to music, I could hear myself struggle to breathe. But I told myself to keep going and get my PR. In the end, I finished in 26:04!!! A near PR by a good minute. My new goal is now 25 minutes.

Surprised by my rank!!
I'm really happy with my time... But there were a couple spots I had to walk and I should not be doing that!!!!

At the Finish! I don't remember smiling... I remember pain. 
I haven't uploaded any of my photos lately. I just got a new lens, an 85mm, and I'm in love!! Here are a couple of my favorites:

Blurry Bokeh

Flower Bud
Happy weekend!!

No comments:

Post a Comment