Saturday, June 29, 2013

Macklind Mile

When I heard about this race, I knew I had to sign up. A one mile race?? Heck ya. I didn't know what to expect because I never sprint 1 mile just for fun. I started with the 8 minute pace and it was slooooow. It was hard to pass at the beginning, but then I took off and was passing people right and left... so it seemed, ha. The race went by really fast. There was a slight incline at the start, but after a quarter mile, it was all down hill. I'm really pleased with my time. Today was a lot of fun!

12/46!
I am really excelling at these crappy race pictures! Showing mega thigh here:

Hello Huge Thigh. 
The weather today was amazing for late June. Planning a long run tomorrow. I did 12 miles last Sunday and it nearly killed me. Hoping to do a 13 miler if the rain stays away. I feel I'm ahead in training, so I'm a bit relieved.

I have to finish with this super cute picture of my boys, awwww.

Gus and Simon at the beauty salon.
One more special picture:

Derrrr.

No comments:

Post a Comment